Each of these five Minnesota South (MNS) District ministries will be awarded $1,000 this year:
- Golden Valley Lutheran Church, Golden Valley, Minnesota
- Stock ‘Food for Thought Pantry Program’ at the local school
- Holy Emmanuel Lutheran Church, Bloomington, Minnesota
- Host a neighborhood block party in conjunction with VEAP (Volunteers Enlisted to Assist People)
- Martin Luther High School, Northrop, Minnesota
- Halloween Truth and Treat
- St. Matthew Lutheran Church, St. Charles, Minnesota
- Host a pool party at the local aquatic center
- Trinity Lutheran Church, Northfield, Minnesota
- National Night Out block party
Special thanks to all MNS District Lutheran Church Extension Fund (LCEF) investors and our Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS) loan partners for their support. Based upon another LCEF strong fiscal year end, this nonprofit ministry of the LCMS was able to award grant funds with a portion of its year-end operating results. It is a blessing to put funds right back into mission and ministry at the local level via these grants.
Online grant applications are accepted at lcefuppermidwest.org from September through the end of February each year. All LCMS Minnesota South District organizations are encouraged to apply.
LCEF distributed a portion of its earnings in 2015 to the 28 LCEF member districts and The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. This distribution for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2015, totaled $1.91 million, with $1.7 million provided to the districts and more than $191,000 to the Synod.
For more information on how to become a Lutheran Church Extension Fund investor to support ministry via affordable loans, support and more, visit our national website at lcef.org.