When First Lutheran Church and Childcare Center discovered their roof was leaking from hail and ice damage, Lutheran Church Extension Fund (LCEF) helped fund repairs that could not wait.
First Lutheran was built in the 1950’s in Rice Lake, Wisconsin and according to Congregation President Rudy Blakeman, the roof had never been insulated. The lack of insulation — coupled with years of Wisconsin winters — contributed to leaking and ice dams.
Blakeman found working with LCEF to be a good experience. “Thanks to LCEF, we were able to install underlayment and insulation, repair seams and valleys, and add gutters before further damage was done,” said Blakeman. “We appreciated the help very much.”
First Lutheran has been an LCEF loan partner for various projects over the years including an addition in 1992 to install an elevator. In 2007-08, the congregation upgraded their kitchen and lower level - including new Sunday school rooms. And more recently, they were able to repair their roof to prevent further damage to the church.
If your Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod congregation has a need for critical repairs that shouldn't wait, consider the new LCEF Church Improvement Loan.
Church Improvement Loan Features include:
- Maximum 10-year term
- Up to $150,000
- 24 months at Cost of Funds (COF) adjusted annually
- LCEF COF plus up to 2.5% adjusted annually for remaining term
- Payments fully amortized over term
Church Improvement Loans can be used on:
- Critical repairs that can lead to substantial damage and cost if not fixed in a timely manner
- Upgrades that enhance your church’s appearance and comfort
- Projects that improve energy efficiency and save money in the long term
Visit lcef.org or call 800-843-5233 for more details.